Our 10 Favourite Caravan Hacks
July 16 2015 | Matt
Simple but brilliant ways to make your next trip a little easier
If you haven’t heard of “Life Hacks”, they’re used to describe simple but fantastic ideas that can make life that little bit easier. We’ve compiled a list of our favourite caravan and camping hacks to get you started.
1. Place foam tiles on the floor of your tent for a softer and more comfortable nights sleep.
2. Burn sage as a natural bug deterrent around the campfire.
3. Point a headlamp or other strong light into a clear water container for a light without glare. An empty 2L milk carton filled with water can work well for this.
4. Keep power chord connections off damp ground and protected from rain using an upside down bucket with two holes.
5. Slice a bar of soap to create single-use portions and keep in a waterproof container. No more dealing with a wet soap bar someone else has just used.
6. If you’ve forgotten to bring speakers then a cup is all you need to make a DIY system.
7. Protect toilet paper from getting wet, dropped, or steamed up in a shower block. Re-use a container of the same size with a slit down one side as a TP protector. Coffee and hot chocolate containers are normally around the right size.
8. Create a mini kitchen with the help of a tree, a belt, and some hooks.
9. In need of a sweet treat after dinner? Ditch the ice cream, we’ve got something much better to fill cones with!
10. While we don’t like the idea of a thief going through our van or tent, it’s sometimes an unfortunate occurrence of sharing space with others. If you need to leave valuables in your van or tent, consider picking up some solid condiment containers. It’s doubtful a thief will search through a your pantry for jewelry.