Internet on the Road – Part 1
September 1 2010 | andy
Search for important information and stay in–touch with family, friends or work
Do you want to know more about connecting to Internet services, such as email or web browsing, while you are on the road? With today’s technology, it’s easy to have access to modern communication away from home.
When ACC asked your community why they needed the Internet away from home, the popular answers were:
- Sharing photos and staying in touch with family & friends via email or Facebook
- Weather report updates
- Researching a holiday destination (for food, amenities, attractions, etc.)
- Mobile banking
- Talking to family using Skype for a FREE video or voice chat; or
- Keeping up with work email.
You may think accessing the Internet to check your email, upload your photos to Facebook or while travelling is a difficult thing to do but accessing the Internet on the road is easier and more affordable than ever.
To learn more, check out these articles that review the most popular options to get online when travelling.
- Internet on the Road – Part 2: Wireless Anywhere 3G Internet (Dongle or Router)
- Internet on the Road – Part 3: WiFi Hotspots are good value when you’re in town
- Internet on the Road – Part 4: Apple iPad is great for travellers
- Internet on the Road – Part 5: Smartphones are cleverer than ever
- Internet on the Road – Part 6: Internet Cafes provide low cost access when you’re near populations
- Internet on the Road – Part 7: Satellite access is for the serious outback traveller