Privacy & Disclaimer
In this policy, the following applies:
“We”, “us” and “our” means Jayco Adelaide (ACN 629 505 004) trading as Jayco Adelaide & ALL RV Parts & Accessories & Opposite Lock Edwardstown.
“You” and “your” includes our customers and prospective customers.
1. Our commitment
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. It is important for us to keep personal information about you secure and confidential. To achieve this, we comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (which includes the Australian Privacy Principles).
Please note that during our dealings with you, we may provide more information about how we handle personal information about you.
2. Information we collect and hold
We generally collect personal information from you directly. When you use our website we may collect information about your location or activity. We try not to identify users or their browsing activities except as necessary to investigate or report any suspected unlawful activity as required or authorised by law or as reasonably necessary for the activity of an enforcement body.
We also collect information about you from third parties such as from your credit provider or your spouse who nominates your address for the delivery address for a vehicle.
3. What if you do not provide us with sufficient personal information about you?
If you do not give your personal information to us it will affect our ability to provide you with the products and services you are seeking.
4. How we use your personal information
We collect, use, hold and disclose personal information so that we can:
- inform you about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- to provide after-sales service;
- manage our relationships with you and our other customers;
- contact you and respond to your enquiries;
- conduct market research;
- facilitate our internal business operations, including fulfilling our legal requirements and professional obligations; and
- enable you to seek employment with us.
5. To whom do we disclose personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any person, body or agency where we are required or allowed by law;
- contractors or subcontractors of ours who provide administrative or promotional services to us;
- our external service providers and advisers on a confidential basis in connection with the operation of our business (for example, data storage, IT service providers, auditors etc);
- insurance companies (subject to your consent);
- debt collectors;
- recruitment agencies for suitability assessment if you are seeking employment with us; or
- otherwise as permitted under the APPs or with your express or implied consent.
Sending information overseas
We may disclose personal information about you to our business partners with operations overseas or who store personal information overseas. We may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients in (but not limited to) the United States of America. This is through our cloud-based software and the server hosting the software is maintained in the United States of America, which country imposes similar privacy obligations to that of Australia.
6. Keeping your information secure
We take reasonable steps to hold your personal information securely and prevent your personal information from misuse, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, interference and loss. Where personal information is no longer needed by us, we ensure that information is securely destroyed.
7. Accessing and correcting personal information about you
It is important to us that we have your correct details such as your current address and telephone number. If you believe any of your personal information we hold is not accurate, complete or current, please contact us via the details shown below. We will try to have the information corrected as soon as practicable. If we do not agree that the information should be corrected, we will advise you in writing with our reasons. You can ask us to include a statement with the relevant information, indicating your view that the information is inaccurate, misleading, incomplete or out of date and we will take reasonable steps to comply with such a request.
You may request that we provide you with access to your personal information we hold. Generally, we will provide you with access, except in limited circumstances whether the Australian Privacy Principles or other law permits us to deny access. Any such requests must be made in writing at the below address.
No fee will be incurred for requesting access and if your request for access is accepted we will inform you of the fee (if any) that will be payable for providing access if you proceed with your request. If your request for access is approved we may provide you with access to your personal information in a number of ways
8. Links to other websites
9. Making a privacy complaint
To lodge a complaint, please contact:
Attention – Dealership Principal
804-820 South Road, Edwardstown SA 5039
Phone: (08) 8297 6664
Email: [email protected]
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
10. Amending this policy
We may amend this policy at any time. The new version will be published on our website.
Join the RV Life Club
Join over 30,000 other South Australians by becoming a member of the RV Life Club and receive our monthly caravan news and lifestyle e-magazine as well as discounts at SA outdoor leisure businesses.