Australian Caravan Company Repair and Service Consent Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. In this Agreement the following expressions shall have the following meanings:
a. The ‘repairer’ means the business (named overleaf) its licensees, workshop, employees, servants, agents, and representatives
b. The ‘RV’ means any item presented by the customer, to the repairer that the repairer accepts to diagnose and repair.
c. ‘Defect’ means a faulty part or repair process which does not meet acceptable trade standards or fails to comply with the road Traffic Act (1961)
d. “ACC” means Australian Caravan Company.
2. I authorise, ACC to use industry acknowledge set of skills and/or industries best practice to undertake appropriate testing (where applicable) to diagnose any faults listed on the Repair Order in the repair/service of my RV. I have been informed where diagnosis work is not covered by RV warranty (unless the work is covered by a new Jayco warranty or terms in an extended warranty), I accept that I am liable for payment prior to delivery in all other instances.
3. In authorising repairs/service and payment, I understand that ACC will investigate obvious potential faults through a systematic fault diagnosis and use industry acknowledge set of skills and/or industries best practice (where applicable) and expertise to determine the most appropriate method of identifying rectification work required.
4. I have asked ACC to contact me at a minimum of 3 hourly intervals during diagnosis, unless otherwise agreed. I also accept that ACC may find reasonable grounds to provide an estimate of repairs which may change as a result of further diagnosis at which ACC is expected to contact me to request my authorisation prior to undertaking additional necessary work to complete the repairs to acceptable industry standards.
5. In such circumstances I agree to notify ACC as soon as possible to ensure work can be carried out in a timely manner and accept that ACC is not responsible for any costs, etc in connection with my refusal to acquire any described services and/or parts.
6. I accept that in the event that I have requested ACC use any parts that I supplied or such otherwise directed ACC to use, I shall not hold ACC responsible for the performance or reliability of any such substandard, second-hand or unfit parts.
7. Once the repair/service is completed and I have been notified that payment is due failure to pay for the repairs described in the repair order within two working days will result in storage charges of:
a. Twenty dollars per day where the vehicle is kept in closed storage
b. Towing can be organised at customers expense $50 per 20km
c. However, storage fees may be waived if other arrangements for payment are acceptable to both parties.
8. I will not hold ACC responsible for any defects that could not be detected within the scope of the authorised repairs/service.
9. If I refuse to undertake any described services and/or parts recommended by ACC, ACC liability is limited to the repairs authorised and approved and shall not extend to further un-related problems that occur after this repair.
10. I authorise ACC to turn off or cover any recording devices as required by ACC’s own policies or as required under Australian Privacy Principles.
11. I declare that I have advised ACC of the RV current registration status and accept full responsibility for any fines penalties or fees associated with them acting on the reliance of that advice whilst my vehicle is in their possession.
12. I acknowledge that the repairer is not liable for any loss of earnings or damage whatsoever incurred by me in completing my requested repairs/service (where delays are experienced for reasons outside their control). These include during diagnosis time, parts supply or other factors which may delay their normal business activities.
14. I acknowledge that ACC shall not be responsible for any data lost after being in the possession of ACC on media accessories or computers in the RV.
15. Sub-let work authority, I authorise ACC to use sub contractors where required, to work on my RV.
Join the RV Life Club
Join over 30,000 other South Australians by becoming a member of the RV Life Club and receive our monthly caravan news and lifestyle e-magazine as well as discounts at SA outdoor leisure businesses.